IBEW Journeyman Lineman Test Qualifications
• Must live in Local 84 jurisdiction (proper county listed on driver’s license)
• Must hold a class A commercial driver’s license. *If a class B, and all other qualifications are met, you may test BUT may find difficulty obtaining work.
• Proof of 3 ½ years in the trade OR proof of 7,500 hours and have worked in the trade for a period of 1 year in the last 3 ½ years
- Check stubs, W-2’s or letters from employers with hours listed will be accepted
• Proof of Journeyman classification/wages OR completion of IBEW approved apprenticeship with an EMC, CO-OP, or Power Company
If passing grade is obtained, you can immediately join and sign the books for employment.
If a passing grade is not obtained, you can retest after 30 days at our discretion.
*MUST SUBMIT THIS PROOF BEFORE APPOINTMENT CAN BE SCHEDULED TO TEST.
Please send via email to: email@example.com OR via fax: 770-801-5390